Children flooded the Bud today for Elementary Day! It also felt as if I was back in Elementary as the game has a 10:30 am start! The Lady Backs were able to overcome the early start by picking up the first of many victories to start the season. Arkansas defeated New Orleans 82-52 led by a game high 22 points from the She Mamaba Chelsea Dungee. It was a very balance attack from the Lady backs as Dial It Up Tolefree and Makayla Daniels both had 11, 12 from Amber Ramirez and 10 from Thomas. Taylah was the story of the game by racking up 21 rebounds which was one shy of a school record and securing her first ever double double. Dungee was not just dominant on the offensive end, but she grabbed 8 rebounds and had a team high four assist. There’s more attention focused around Dungee this season as now the entire nation is more than aware of who she is. She stated on her Instagram that “Nobody can stop me… I feel like the greatest!” Since the tournament …. That has absolutely been the case!
HOG HIGHLIGHTS from Mario Bravante of Arkansasrazorbacks.com
- Thomas nearly broke the Arkansas all-time record for rebounding, pulling down 21 boards.
- It was also the first career double-double for Thomas (10 points, 21 rebounds).
- Going back to last season, Dungee has now scored in double-digits in 18 straight contests.
- Dungee nearly had a double-double herself, as she pulled down eight rebounds. She also led the team in assists (4).
- Ramirez had a solid debut for the Razorbacks, chipping in 12 points (4-9 3PT). She also registered two assists and swiped four steals.
- Makayla Daniels reached double-digits in her Arkansas debut, going for 11 points while tying for the team lead in steals, nabbing four of them.
-Article is from Sports & Culture Media head man, Tyler Butler.